Thursday, January 28, 2010

The 'Lost' Blogs: Day 125: Where in the World is Devin San Diego?

Thursday, January 7
Warning: Technically this blog starts on the 6th, but it’s the only way the rest of it will make sense.
So I just finished reading Devin’s version of the past few days. Let’s just say he seriously down played my illness. I was bed ridden expect for my runs to the only other room in my hotel home. My entire body ached all over and I had a terrible fever. I missed work yesterday and knew I needed to go in tonight. I kissed Devin a teary good bye and headed to work with a couple crackers and some chicken broth that seemed to be staying inside.
Unfortunately, that didn’t last long enough for me to make it through my entire shift, so I headed back to the hotel.
On the way home, it was so foggy I began to worry about Devin’s flight. I had some friends make some calls and found out his flight indeed was delayed. Since it was delayed over ten hours, my friend, Prashant volunteered to try and go get him from the airport since I’m still feeling rather yuckie. Keep in mind that neither of Devin’s phones would pick up service here in India and thus we had no way of letting him know we were trying to pick him up.
Well, Prashant gets to the airport and the airline tells him that all passengers have been sent to a local hotel. Ok, no worries, Prashant heads to the hotel to see if they can find him there. The hotel says he hasn’t checked in. Prashant heads back to the airport, only to be told by the airline that Devin never checked in! I’m absolutely freaking out! My hotel is saying they dropped him at the airport, the airport is saying they don’t have him, and I’m just feeling worse and worse with every passing minute.
Prashant, being the superman that he is, spent the next few hours working through the airlines, security, and finally to a duty manager at the office to find Devin. After six very long, very nerve wracking, hours, we finally were told Devin choose to stay at the airport and was asleep in the transit area.
I’m not totally sure if this is the truth, or just what poor Prashant is being told in an effort to get him to leave the airport and quit bugging everyone! I have no choice but to hope for the best and trust the Lord that Devin is ok… (Devin's side note- I was in the airport, NOT Asleep and was never told anyone was looking for me!)

Later in the day…

So after spending hours myself with all the different airlines, and getting nowhere, it was late enough to call Aunt Fay. And of course, Aunt Fay saves the day! She finds out that Devin’s flight from India is indeed taken off and is Germany bound. The problem, the flight from Germany to the US that he is suppose to be on will have left by the time he gets there so we have no idea when he will be back in the US. Nor do I have any idea when I will be able to talk to him again.
Now its Facebook’s turn to be the superstar! I happen to get on fb during my lunch break at work and there is a message from Devin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is spending the night in Germany and will be leaving for the US tomorrow! Praise the Lord! I still can’t actually talk to him, but at least I know he is safe and homeward bound, now I just have to be patient and wait for my turn….

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Home: 32 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment