Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 117: He’s Here!!

Wednesday, December 30

India is now my favorite place in the world! My sweet Devin is finally here. He arrived at the hotel a little after midnight. I was able to go into work at 3 this afternoon and get off at 11pm allowing me to be here when he arrived. I’m very sneaky though and he had no idea I was here!
I had gotten Devin a bottle of his favorite, impossible to find in the States, cologne as a Christmas present. I had it wrapped and sitting with a little note, apologizing for not being able to meet him until after work. I also said there was another surprise in the closet.

Unfortunately, somehow Devin missed the note and the fact that I was in the closet. He couldn’t figure out how to turn the lights on and all the candles I had light all over the room wasn’t enough light for him to see the present and note. I’m in the closet listening to Devin talk to himself about how he can’t turn the lights on, trying not to laugh hysterically, and hoping he finds the note soon. I didn’t know what I was going to do if he didn’t find me. It was getting hot in the closet and I couldn’t exactly jump out and shout surprise. I’d give the poor fella a heart attack!

Well, finally, he decided to explore the room, however, he still hadn’t seen the note, and therefore had no idea I was in the closet. He opened the door to the closet and looked like he seen a ghost!! It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long, long time! He jumped about three feet in the air with his hands in front of him like that was going to protect him from the boogieman in the closet!

Luckily, the boogieman was his wife and once the shock wore off, our India adventure began! Well, I’m off to spend time with my Hubby Wubby Doodle Bear!

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Devin: 0 day… YAY!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! You will remember this forever and tell your children about this!

    ReplyDelete