Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 134: Another Tearful Goodbye (A 'lost' Blog)

Saturday, January 16

So today I put yet another friend back on a plane, USA bound. Linda was the twelfth person for me to put on plane since I arrived in India. She was also the seventh person to arrive after me and leave before me. I’m going to have to start to really deal with loneliness. Linda was my buddy. We had lunch together most days and shared a cab for work.

I rode with Linda to the airport to drop her off and say goodbye. It was the first time I have actually been to the airport since I arrived in India. I didn’t think I would be sad, but I was. I even teared up a little bit and for those of you who know me at all, that is a big deal! I never cry! (Devin's note- yeah, right!) I think it was just the overwhelming desire to get on a plane myself. As much fun as I’ve had, as much as I love India, I’m ready to go home!

When I got back to the hotel, I called a good friend of mine back in Jackson and had a nice long chat. Thanks to Mama Rickett, I am not nearly as sad. It really does amaze me how a good conversation with a great friend really can make your day. Thanks Mel!!

Ok well, I’m out for today! I’m totally into my next book and it’s a Kingsbury so you know I love it! Later guys!

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Home: 23 days…

No comments:

Post a Comment