Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 135: T Minus Three Weeks (A 'lost' Blog)

Sunday, January 17

I’m not sure what my deal is, but I’m so ready to go home it makes me no fun to hang out with. Well, maybe it just makes me have no fun…

I’m ready to get back to my life, my hubby, my puppies, my church, my office, my life! I’m not sure what the deal is, but whatever it is, I need it to go away. Three weeks is a drop in the hat in compared to the 11 I have already been in India, and I still want to have fun with my new friends.

That is the weird thing about all this. I never in my life thought I would fly to the other side of the world and find friends that I’m this close to. I really thought I would fly over here, do a job, see some sights, and fly home unchanged. I realize, now, that is not the case.

I’ve seen the poorest of poor among the BMW drivers with their Gucci bags and D&G shoes. I’ve seen one of the Wonders for the World, TWICE! I’ve touched fine marbles and dirt floors. I’ve used fancy toilets and a hole in the ground. I’ve stood on top the oldest fort in India and beside the world’s largest cannon and cried when I could do nothing to help the children running between cars to beg. I have worshipped in a small little church with a handful of fellow Christians and found myself rejoicing in the good God can do with my lost Bible. I’ve made friends I’ll never forget and would always be welcome in my home!

My heart has been touched, permanently, by this country. I will always remember my time here as a blessing. I am forever grateful for the amazing country I call home and my family and friends that have continued to love and support me, even from the other side of the world. I’m ready to come home and share all that I have learned. I’m ready for a chance to live a more thankful life in the land of plenty!

Well, what do you know, I’m not nearly as grumpy and sad! With a thankful heart I’ll call it a night! And no worries, I’ll be boarding a plane, USA bound in three weeks from right now!! ;-)

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Home: 22 days…

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! Thanking God for each and every thing you can think of really does brighten your outlook on life :D

    ReplyDelete