Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 139: Things I’m looking forward to coming home to…

Thursday, January 21

So it seems that making top ten lists are my new favorite thing to blog about. Just call me Letterman and enjoy! ;-)

10) My own desk! As silly as this might sound to some people, I love working. As much as I love training all day, I miss getting my hands on something. I miss the sense of accomplishment that comes from having a mile long to-do list and crossing it all off one by one.

9) Giving back my Blackberry! I know my husband will be disappointed to hear this, I’m pretty sure he thought I would come home so addicted I would agree to get them for us! No such luck! I spend entirely too much time on Facebook and email because of this thing! LOL!

8) Driving! Don’t get me wrong, all the catnaps in the car as someone else drives is nice. But I look forward to being a little safer, I mean slower, in control of my own travel experience. I also look forward to being able to control the temperature in my car! Oh and driving on the correct side of the rode…

7) Biscuits! Ok actually this one comes as a surprise to me as well. Seeing as I don’t really eat biscuits that often at home, who would have thought I’d miss them this much! But, when there is no way, no substitute, nothing similar, a small craving turns into a burning need faster than you thought possible! Plus, I didn’t get my fix at Christmas and I’m not going to make it eleven more months till my next Christmas breakfast!

6) The rest of my cloths! I’m so sick of wearing the same cloths. I want my huge closet full of all different clothes in prints and colors. I look forward to have more than four pairs of shoes to choose from too. And even though I always the same earrings and necklace, I look forward to the choice to wear some of my other jewelry!

5) My phone! I miss being able to pick up the phone whenever I want to call whoever I want. I miss being reachable by all my family and friends too. Oh and I miss text messages! And the simplicity of a phone that is just a phone!

4) Mexican food! Bring on the tacos, fajitas, burritos, chips, and salsa! For a food type that I would typically have some form of once a week at home, I miss it! While Indian food defiantly has the spice I love so much, the curry just isn’t the same as good ole cumin and chili powder!

3) Brooks and Addy! I miss my sweet puppies so much! I can’t wait to take them for walks, play ball, and just love on them as we snuggle on the couch. They are so sweet and now that they are over a year old and will have spent three months with Grandma Dee, the trainer, let’s just hope they are a little better behaved. (Devin's note- a 'little' better is the key word here...)

2) Friends and Church! I miss my church family! I miss being in the Lord’s house and worshipping with fellow believers. I can’t wait to see all my friends that God has blessed me with in KS. They have all been so supportive and taken such good care of my hubby. I can’t wait to catch up and hang out!

1) Devin! Really, did you think anything else would be number one! ;-) I can’t wait to be back in the arms of the world’s most amazing man!

With Love,

Eli
Countdown to Home: 18 days… Whoa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment